Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Completing Projects and RAIN

This week I'm focusing on completing some projects that need to go out the door and into the world.

I'm in a phase of tying up loose ends, putting bows on things, and clearing up space and energy.

It's raining; a soft, steady coming down friend in love with watering the earth.
Gentle. Delicate. Serene.

What is it about the rain that makes me settle down and feel my fingers on the keyboard?
What is it about the rain that makes me feel present and alive?

I love the rain.

There is a song by Tones on Tail, formerly Bauhaus, then Love and Rockets, called Rain.
How funny that someone synced it to a scene in Dario Argento's Suspiria, John Carpenter's favorite movie.
Take a listen.

I'm called back to The Cult's Rain song as well! What memories! They played this live and it was so fun to witness. I LOVE THE RAIN!

Oooh oooh and Shirley Ann Manson in Garbage singing I'm only happy when it rains! LOVE THAT SONG! Although I don't know what she means by pour your misery down. I find it to be quite a pleasure.
Check out the vid. Remember that? Cool!

And the scene from Gus Van Sant's movie featuring a breakout role for Nicole Kidman,To Die For, in which Nicole Kidman dances in the rain for Joaquin Phoenix, while he oogles from the car, agape.
Funny, I just remembered that the song for that scene is Shirley Ann Manson, from Garbage, singing Queer.

Chew on that. Chew chew!

Got any good rain songs, thoughts, or scenes to share?

No comments: