Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Cannes Film Festival

Okay, I have a new goal. Well, it's not new. I've wanted this to be a reality for a long time. Namely, to attend the Cannes Film Festival.
Of course I would like to go as a moviemaker, someone who has written, directed, and acted in a movie that is premiering at Cannes. I'd be happy with any of these credits, all or one.

If I do not have any movie associations with the movies at the 2008 Cannes Film Festival, I would still like to go. I would attend as a member of the press and as a moviemaker. Mostly, I want to go as a witness and celebratory guest who honors the caliber of moviemaking that Cannes acknowledges and that recognizes important moviemakers of our time.

And now, a comment about my use of "moviemaker" as opposed to "filmmaker". In the modern day (2007) film is not the only medium by which movies are made. A lot of them are being shot and edited digitally with DV and HD technologies. So, while movies imply moving pictures, and film implies a medium that is quickly becoming too expensive and outdated to use, I will say movies, and moviemaking, and moviemakers instead of films, filmmaking, and filmmakers.

So, I hope to see you at Cannes in 2008. And at the very least, I hope you see me there.

Perhaps I should start learning to speak French...another lifelong goal I've had but not acted on.

Alas, now is the time to act on goal manifestation!

No comments: